You may have heard about a number of incidents where people dressed as clowns have been jumping out and scaring people. In response to the media attention, and fear, that is surrounding this 'craze', Gunter Primary School's approach includes two elements:
- Reassurance for those who are potential victims &
- Deterrent to stop those who might engage in the activity.
It is important that children, and parents, are aware of the following:
- While some people may think this is funny, others can find it very frightening
- If you set out to frighten or alarm people, you could be committing a criminal offence
- If you see someone dressed as a clown, you should ignore them
- If you are frightened, talk to a trusted adult, such as your parents or a teacher
- If you think you are in danger, contact the police.
Like all these fads, this craze will pass, and whilst it is receiving a fair amount of media attention and hype at the moment, we should try to play it down and ensure that the children of Birmingham feel safe and secure.
Click here for more information.