You may have heard about a number of incidents where people dressed as clowns have been jumping out and scaring people. In response to the media attention, and fear, that is surrounding this 'craze', Gunter Primary School's approach includes two elements:
- Reassurance for those who are potential victims &
- Deterrent to stop those who might engage in the activity.
It is important that children, and parents, are aware of the following:
- While some people may think this is funny, others can find it very frightening
- If you set out to frighten or alarm people, you could be committing a criminal offence
- If you see someone dressed as a clown, you should ignore them
- If you are frightened, talk to a trusted adult, such as your parents or a teacher
- If you think you are in danger, contact the police.
Like all these fads, this craze will pass, and whilst it is receiving a fair amount of media attention and hype at the moment, we should try to play it down and ensure that the children of Birmingham feel safe and secure.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: