MEET OUR SCHOOL COUNCIL for 2022-23...
Staff Lead Mrs Jenny Seymour
Juliet and Alfie year 3
Ellie-May and Dexter year 4
Sophie and Harry year 5
Deacon and Amelia year 6
Please use your school councillors if you wish to raise any issues connected with school and we will do our best to sort them out. Remember that slips are available for suggestions near the school council notice board.
Gunter Primary School got spotty and creative for children in need!
On Friday the 17th November children at Gunter Primary school wore their spotty clothes and got creative by collaging, painting, colouring and drawing pictures of Pudsey bear. We raised a massive £898.52 towards this special fundraising event.
All children throughout the school enjoyed getting messy and creative. School council who organised the event then spread all the work over the school hall. It was amazing to see all the different techniques used to decorate the Pudsey picture.
Fundraising total for this year
School council have raised a massive £2652.62 for worthwhile charities. Well done to all of our school council members, and thank you to all who have joined in and donated
Gunter Primary School skips to the beat as they raise funds for the British Heart Foundation
Children at Gunter Primary School brought back a time old playground game and participated in a variety of skipping activities throughout the day to help raise funds for the British Heart Foundation. Everyone enjoyed trying new skipping skills, as well as learning about heart disease, one of Britain’s biggest killers, and that keeping fit helps to promote healthier lives.
We raised a staggering £538.21, of which 80% goes to the British Heart Foundation and the other 20% to school. School Council are looking to purchase outdoor equipment for physical activities to use during playtime with the schools £107.
Children from Gunter Primary School were encouraged to run around the school site dressed up as famous sports personalities as they took part in a sponsored run for Sports Relief.
The children and staff came dressed up as tennis players, footballers, rugby players, marshal artists, gymnasts, and a whole host of other sporting celebrities.
The school raised a massive £1171.16 towards the appeal.
School council, who organised the event, would like to say a great big thank you to everyone who helped to raise this phenomenal amount of money.
We hope that you are enjoying the new playground markings that were installed at the end of last term.
This year, school council will be concentrating on healthy life styles and to start our year we are going to carry out a survey to see how healthy our school is. All children will be asked to fill in the survey and the results will help us decide how to promote healthy life styles within our school.
Friday 12th June 2015
Children at Gunter Primary school took part in a sponsored fun run to raise money for Oxfam, to help the people who suffered during the recent earthquake in Nepal. The fun run was organised by the school council and we know that lots of children enjoyed taking part, as during playtime it was the hot topic of conversation and the children all said how much they enjoyed the morning’s running! Check out these photos...
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: