We will have an early discussion with the pupil and their parents when identifying whether they need special educational provision. These conversations will make sure that:
Notes of these early discussions will be added to the pupil’s record and given to their parents.
We will formally notify parents when it is decided that a pupil will receive SEN support.
Our school aims to regularly involve parents in the education of their child with SEND through a variety of different ways including:
· Regular meetings with Inclusion Manager, class teacher and support staff
· Target setting so parents can see what their child is working on next
· Home/school books to inform parents of important information
· Regular curriculum letter to inform parents of what will be going on during the term
· Homework diaries
· Home reading logs
· Information on the school website
· Parents’ evenings
· INSPIRE workshops
· Parent drop-ins/coffee mornings
· Signposting to parent groups
· Parents’ views on IEP/Annual Review documents
Click here for more information.