We will have an early discussion with the pupil and their parents when identifying whether they need special educational provision. These conversations will make sure that:
Notes of these early discussions will be added to the pupil’s record and given to their parents.
We will formally notify parents when it is decided that a pupil will receive SEN support.
Our school aims to regularly involve parents in the education of their child with SEND through a variety of different ways including:
· Regular meetings with Inclusion Manager, class teacher and support staff
· Target setting so parents can see what their child is working on next
· Home/school books to inform parents of important information
· Regular curriculum letter to inform parents of what will be going on during the term
· Homework diaries
· Home reading logs
· Information on the school website
· Parents’ evenings
· INSPIRE workshops
· Parent drop-ins/coffee mornings
· Signposting to parent groups
· Parents’ views on IEP/Annual Review documents
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and we also use a 'crfstoken' token to prevent cross site request forgery.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: